Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook

     I started using Facebook not to long ago. At first it seemed pointless and extremely boring. I began to acquire friends and Facebook became an addiction. I spent hours on it. Hours thrown to the trash because nothing I did on Facebook helped me in any way. I continued to use it and I continued to waste more and more time every time I logged on. I got over it though. I spent hardly any time on Facebook now.
     Facebook can be beneficial though. Some of my classmates have created groups in for our AP courses. In these groups people exchange information and help each other out om homework and studying. Facebook can also be used as a place in which one can network and meet people that can actually contribute to your life in a positive way.
    With the article I see most pre-teens and teens join Facebook just for fun. They want nothing more than to interact with friend and view pictures of each other. Although this seems like fun, some of them fall victims of bullying and harassment. Things like pictures and videos of teenagers can be uploaded to Facebook and can lead their their lives to ruin or maybe even end them. Parents must be very careful and must monitor and limit their children's activity on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment