Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Notes on Hamlet

     I was never reluctant to reading Hamlet. I actually looked forward to reading it. I spoiled the play completely from the very beginning because I read a quick summary of the play but this helped me understand it a bit more. I haven't been surprised by the events but still like the play. It's not as difficult to understand as Romeo and Juliet was (in my opinion) but I liked Romeo and Juliet a lot more. This is mostly because it's a tragic yet romantic play whereas Hamlet is just tragic and full of desires for vengeance. It was a bit obvious that Hamlet was going to seek revenge against Claudius, the man who killed his father but the way he went about it was surprising and awfully clever. He set him up with the play he has the players put on and went from there since this helped him make sure he wasn't committing an injustice. I see us continuing the play from here, obviously, but the tragic side of the play will now begin to unfold bringing it to its end.

No comments:

Post a Comment