Friday, August 17, 2012

additional thoughts: Montaigne & Austen Essay

  • what would you have written if you had more time?
  • what occurred to you after you left?
  • how did the interruption affect your thought process?

  •           Today's interruption, although slight, caused some minor problems when it came to the completion of my in class essay. The ideas I had arranged in my mind before beginning to write were all expressed throughout my essay but not as clearly as they could have been. If the full period had been granted to me I would have been able to add more examples suppoting my claims. I would have added explainations of scenes form the book Pride and Prejudice (Austen) that showed a significant deviation from the writing style and topics of Montaigne's collection of essays. There was a limited amount of similarities between the two works of literature such as the general idea of the expression of human behavior and traditions in both. After I left I did not give much thought to what I could have done for there was nothing I could do anymore. The essay was in and I could not change that but, if given the opportunity, I would definitely add more examples that support my claims. The interruption actually helped me think of what I wanted to write. I came up with general ideas but was unable to completely support them in my essay due to my lack of time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment