Friday, November 23, 2012

Allegory of the Cave Sonnet

Happiness and sorrow these prisoners will know not of
For their lives are limited to the inside of a cave
Not depression nor love
Will hinder the minds of these men much less than brave

One soon sees the opportunity to leave and live
But finds the barrier of light blocking his path
He had a lot to gain and little to give
But chose to return to the cave and its wrath

Not an act of cowardice this man showed
But rather a man of knowledge he had become
Acquired knowledge to the prisoners this man owed
For they were trapped in that cave dark and fearsome

The prisoners blinded by disbelief
Kept their thoughts, ignorant and brief



15 comments:

  1. Lizbeth you did it again you little genius you! great job! I really enjoyed it especially your last 2 lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your last two lines! That's what really sells it because its a great rhyme. Nice choice of words. It's obvious you worked hard on this. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job liz!!!...
    i love the line "Not an act of cowardice this man showed
    But rather a man of knowledge he had become" ..and great rhyme...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your last two lines are great! Like everyone else haha they really make a great impacting close! Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. greatt job! i loved the rhyming! Again, the last two lines are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you focus on the ignorance of the prisoners, a well focused poem. Could you comment to my blog as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the first stanza where you described the cave as a kind of emotional limbo. It fits really well with the allegory's theme. The entire thing is very clear. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job! pero no mas molesando hasta viernes ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a sonnet that highlights the story lines and reminds the audience of the morals Plato was tying to express. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job liz!:) your style is very unique. I enjoyed reading your sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job! I really like how you ended the sonnet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. I think that's the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Thank you :)

      Delete
  13. Wow... very good sonnet. Sounds so professional poet-like, if that makes sense. :) Nice, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with everyone above___^. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete